Your heart is a muscular pump that circulates blood throughout your body. It’s an important organ and taking care of it should be a priority. There are many foods you can eat to improve your heart health, so let’s take a look at five of them!
* Walnuts: High in antioxidants that reduce inflammation and protect against cardiovascular disease. Research suggests that walnuts also have a role in reducing cholesterol levels
* Fatty Fish: Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish can help improve cholesterol levels and lower blood pressure. Salmon, trout, mackerel and herring are all good sources of omega-3’s
* Oats: A bowl of oats for breakfast is a great way to start the day as it helps control LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. It also provides plenty of soluble fibre, which is important for improving digestive health
* Quinoa: A gluten-free grain that can be used in place of rice to reduce blood cholesterol levels. It’s also high in magnesium, which helps prevent heart disease
* Pomegranate juice: Research suggests this antioxidant-rich juice reduces the buildup of plaque inside your arteries. It’s also thought to lower blood pressure and prevent your artery walls from becoming damaged
Conclusion paragraph: To take care of your heart, try adding these five foods to your diet. With just a few changes in what you eat on a daily basis, you can improve the health of your heart and help prevent major cardiovascular diseases that could lead to premature death or disability. It’s never too late to start eating healthier! So let’s get started with our top 5 list…