Whether you are trying to lose weight or just want to maintain your current weight, there are some healthy habits that will help you do so. The following blog post provides ten tips for eating healthily and losing weight without sacrificing too much of what you enjoy.
1. Keep high energy snacks on hand that are easy to grab when your stomach starts growling. Craving something sweet? Reach for an apple dipped in almond butter rather than chocolate cake . Or, whip up a batch of healthy no-bake energy bites , made with dried fruit, nuts and seeds mixed with coconut oil and cocoa powder. 2. Eat at least one salad per day — not only do salads provide essential nutrients like vitamins A & C but their high water content also makes you feel full.
3. Cook at home more often and experiment with new recipes. The more you make a dish, the better you get at making it, and the easier it becomes to substitute healthier ingredients for less-healthy options . Plus, there’s no shame in using Pinterest or cooking blogs for ideas! 4. Make breakfast your biggest meal of the day , because fueling up in the morning keeps you energized instead of sluggish all day long.
5. Invest in a good thermos so that you can bring soup or stew to work for lunch — not only does this help keep calories down but a hot meal just feels satisfying when it’s cold outside .
6. Get adventurous with your veggies by experimenting with veggie noodles — simply use a spiralizer to cut zucchini, yellow squash or sweet potatoes into noodles, then steam them for 5-7 minutes before serving with your favorite sauce .
7. Eat the rainbow every day by filling at least one plate of your meal with brightly-colored veggies like red bell peppers, tomatoes and carrots. This ensures you get a variety of nutrients instead of getting stuck in a rut with just a few favorites.
8. Kick things up a notch by adding fresh herbs from the grocery store salad bar to any dish that needs an extra boost of flavor. And don’t be afraid to try something new! That’s what the salad bar is there for!
9. Make time to cook with your partner, kids or roommates. Not only does it save you time when you’re in a rush but they’ll learn healthy habits that will stick with them for life!
10. If you have too much to drink at dinner, be sure to brush your teeth afterward so that there’s no awkward “morning breath” the next morning — especially if you plan on getting close with someone before bedtime!
The best way to start is by implementing just one of these healthy eating habits at a time. As you incorporate more changes into your lifestyle, you will notice that it becomes easier and eventually second nature.